My life and Zombieland
Zombieland as an Obsession
A number of years ago I became obsessed with this movie. I mean I would watch it 2 and 3 times a night and fall asleep on the coach. Yes, I was a little crazy. At that time in my life a screw got loose. I needed some sort of structure, some sort of comfort, some sort of manifesto declaring that life can be navigated. Consider this life IS Zombieland (oh yeah, drama in writing!). In fact the name of this website and everything I do now is directly linked to this movie (Geez, I just heard that, I am crazy). I had 2 cars in the past year “named” after characters. I had a 1986 Bronco II named Wichita and a 1985 Mercury Grand Marquis named Tallahassee. Those cars where awesome. (Tallahasse was later re-named Carmageddon).
So, Why Zombieland? Here are a few reasons:
- It has a reasonable list of rules to live by. Keep it simple stupid. Right?
- Most of the rules have relevance. I mean seriously, everyone needs Cardio right?
- It’s a love story. I mean come one, a comedy, a horror, AND a love story! Eat your heart out Nicholas Sparks (you see what I did there? Zombie, eat your heart, love story…I’m glad I amuse myself).
I have blatantly stole this list from http://www.zombielandrules.com/. I could go through the movie and extras etc and come up with the rules myself but, why bother. They did a great job, go check out the site.
I will be using this list in weeks to come to show how each of these has changed my life and could help re-shape yours. Here is the list.
The un-official list of rules.
- The Double Tap
- Beware of Bathrooms
- Wear Seat Belts
- No Attachments
- The “Skillet”
- Travel Light
- Get a Kick Ass Partner
- With your Bare Hands
- Don’t Swing Low
- Use Your Foot
- Bounty Paper Towels
- Shake it Off
- Always carry a change of underwear
- Bowling Ball
- Opportunity Knocks
- Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
- Limber Up
- Break it Up
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
- Avoid Strip Clubs
- When in doubt Know your way out
- Use your thumbs
- Shoot First
- A little sun screen never hurt anybody
- Double-Knot your Shoes
- The Buddy System
- Pack your stain stick
- Check the back seat
- Enjoy the little things
- Swiss army Knife
Oh, how vague and delightful. ZOMBIELAND IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!
I will be posting at random intervals and in random order. Keep your eyes peeled and remember check the back seat (rule # 31).The short URL of the present article is: http://xftc.co/ztc
1 Nov 2013 / Jason Lancaster / 7